Jobs @ Crocodoc
Crocodoc’s next-generation HTML5 document viewer reaches tens of millions of users, and our business is profitable and growing fast. We’re well funded by top investors and our customers include Dropbox, LinkedIn, and Yammer. Come join us!
About the Company
Crocodoc converts millions of documents to HTML each month for top web companies like Dropbox, LinkedIn, and Yammer. We're profitable, growing fast, and have a big vision for what's next.
Crocodoc was founded by four MIT alumni who have been working together for years, and is funded by top investors. We’re pushing browsers and mobile devices to the limit and are solving incredibly difficult challenges along the way.
At Crocodoc, we work hard and are passionate about what we do...in and out of the office. Our tight-knit team enjoys working from exotic locations, hanging out with other startups at our office, and playing heated games of Settlers of Catan.
Your happiness and health is our priority. We offer competitive salaries, stock options, health/dental/vision coverage, an unlimited hardware budget, commuter benefits, and other great perks.
You can find more information about our company on our About page.
If you are interested in working at Crocodoc, email email@example.com and tell us why you’d be a great fit.
Crocodoc is hiring for all positions, but here are a few openings that are top of mind right now:
We process millions of documents every month to provide core functionality for companies like Dropbox, LinkedIn, and Yammer.
We're looking for a full-stack engineer to enhance our API and web app, work on tough distributed computing problems, and make sure our document viewer stays on the cutting edge.
We need a full-stack web engineer who can contribute to all aspects of Crocodoc including front-end development, server-side improvements, ops and systems tasks, and everything in between.
Does your experience mostly fall into one or two of those categories? Not a problem, as long as you're eager to get your hands dirty outside of your comfort zone.
Since you'll be joining a small technical team, you'll take the lead on core projects from the get-go and often work independently.
We're nimble and push code almost every day, but because our product reaches tens of millions of users, everything must be bulletproof.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to embrace the energy and drive of a close-knit start-up team.
- Self-starter with the creativity and initiative to brainstorm, propose, and dive into implementing solutions.
- Strong command of Python and up-to-date knowledge of its ecosystem. We love Python and use it throughout our back-end.
- Comfortable working in (and improving) a Linux-based development and deployment environment.
- Familiarity with distributed computing. We use Celery to coordinate dozens of servers to process documents within a matter of seconds.
- Understanding of cloud-based infrastructure and all the benefits and drawbacks it provides. We're on Amazon AWS and dig its flexibility.
At Crocodoc, you'll be working with a savvy tech team that enjoys solving tough problems and loves to learn and leverage new technologies when it makes sense. If that sounds like your cup of tea, we'd love to hear from you.
Director of Product
Do you love to launch products, close deals, work with developers, and do whatever it takes to thrive in a startup or small organization? Crocodoc is looking for a smart, entrepreneurial, technically-minded hustler to lead major new initiatives targeting developers and SMB customers. This is a key leadership role with enormous growth potential.
Leading the Charge
Many developers find Crocodoc by hunting through the source code of websites like Dropbox that use our white-labeled viewer. That's a lot of raw demand, just waiting to be harnessed. If you have a technical background with a knack for talking to customers and building great user experiences, this is a chance to lead and 10x an entire product line at Crocodoc focused on our API and developer tools.
Successful candidates will:
- Talk to prospective customers (developers and product managers)
- Design a great self-service experience and scalable sales process
- Optimize our pricing plans and product tiers
- Develop our user acquisition strategy
- Qualify leads, own our sales pipeline, and close lots of deals
TL;DR: you must be capable of growing our SMB channel like crazy while wearing many hats in the process.
- World-class ability to communicate with clients and develop customer relationships
- Experience with SaaS and/or B2B technology solutions
- Basic technical experience (you’ve written a web app) required
- Technical sales experience a big plus
- Product and marketing experience are also a plus
With clients such as Dropbox, LinkedIn, and Yammer, Crocodoc is the market leader in HTML5 document viewing. If you've got what it takes to 10x our API and developer tool sales, we'd love to hear from you.